Monday, February 23, 2009

I'll pretend that I'm kissin the lips I am missin

and hope that my dreams will come true and then while I'm away I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my lovin... to you...

Fantastic weekend. My coworker and I did another bridal fashion show yesterday and it was a blast! We got to do hair for 9 models and we're getting a lot of practice for 'wedding season' that's coming up. We're organizing a full bridal department at the salon, I love doing bridal work and being around weddings. But anyway the show was fantastic and our girls looked amazing on the runway. :-)

One of our salon clients has asked me to do a painting collage to put in her daughter's bedroom (the daughter is actually my client, an adorable girl named Hannah). I suggested that she just bring in Hannah's pillowsham for me to match the colors, and last night I started on the piece. It's going to be 3 different canvases, all different sizes, and it's already coming along really nicely. I'm really excited about it, this is the first time I've done something to match someone's decor, it is so cute and I'll post pictures when I'm all done. I'm also working on a Cuban flag painting for another client, and will soon be starting on an old timey movie themed piece that's going to be huge for my friend who manages a movie theater. Super excited!

Downside... my mom is feely tingly again on her whole left side. Mid last year she thought she had a mini stroke, but they later told her that it was caused by a vitamin defiency. So she's been taking all these vitamins and her levels are back to normal, but now she's feeling the same feeling again. She'll be getting an MRI later this week to try to figure out what the heck is going on. On top of that, my grandma was recovering nicely from her thyroid surgery, but now they think she has MRSA so she's been admitted back to the hospital. My sister is driving my mom up there (to DC) as we speak. Ugh. This is all getting super stressful, especially for mom. I don't know but I think that she's probably feeling this way again from all the stress. Lord....

Other than that.. I had a great day today and it definitely took my mind off of all the crap going on. Had a lot of laughs and cleared my mind and saw Slumdog Millionaire... which is absolutely amazing and definitely a movie that everyone should see. I was tearin up by the end of it... it was just so eye opening and impacting. We left there just saying 'wow...' about 8 times lol. Really...... GOOD.

I hope everyone has a good week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment